1.12.08

Craft fair rained away and a happy winner


Gamla stortorget i Åbo, originally uploaded by -syko-.

Turned out I chose a pretty crappy weekend for this outdoor craft fair :( Saturday was really low sales and I came home with a fever, Sunday was spent at the fair, in the rain with a fever. Blaaah. An experience I could have lived without. At least I had the best company I could wish for (see pic)! The Christmas market is held every weekend in December on the Old Great Square here in town, I love the atmosphere so I have attended a few years now, but I think this was my last, many people come there just to get that special Christmas spirit or just to walk the dog and not really to buy anything, and I need my sales :) I am very much looking forward to the INDOOR fair in Helsinki next week (Kvinnornas julmässa/Naisten joulumessut).

And then to the winner of the magazine, chosen by a random number machine on-line out of 62 submissions(!) is Isabel f.!!! I am so happy that the machine picked you! Take a look at isabel's beautiful houses over at flickr! Thank you all for sharing your craft projects this Christmas! I am so sorry that I did not respond personally to all of you! I am looking forward to making Christmas presents together with Big E when I come home from Helsinki, but I will have to wait until after Christmas to talk about these projects....

16 comments:

Anina said...

I'm sorry about the rain. Crossing my fingers for the next one.

jacquie said...

sorry about the weather and you not feeling well. i hope the indoor fair is much better. i've sent just about all of your cards and i've gotten so many compliments. i told everyone about your shop so maybe that will give you some orders.

Cheryl Arkison said...

I need to go to the craft fairs there. I went to one here recently and it was awful. There was nothing crafty about it. People were just selling other people's mass produced stuff, under the guise of crafty. The only unique and local items were food related (but all yummy).
Feel better.

Unknown said...

yuk. The rain is awful! Your stall looks fab, and your help for the day is beautiful!!!

isabel f. said...

Hi Kajsa!
I hope that you are better. Too bad the weather has not helped the show :( all we need to sell, it is not true?, but increasingly people will walk and buy less and less:(

Thank you very much for my name have been chosen: DDD
I will save this magazine with great affection, you know how much I admire your work, every thing more beautiful than the last, it would be very difficult for me, if I was there to choose something in this fair because I want to buy EVERYTHING: DDD
a big hug and many thanks
Isabel

periwinkle said...

Sorry the fair didn't turn out the way you hoped - good luck with the next one
Lisa x

annax said...

Oh so sorry to hear how unwell you were on the fair. It makes me sad to hear less people are just window shopping, but not buying. I am sure you will do much better on the other fair.

Also many congrats to dear Isabel for winning the magazine!

Well wishes to you all!
Hugs, annax

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

Awww, dear friend. Love how you tell it like it is, even when it stinks and has a fever.

Love the dear little face in the photo.

I too have a huge hang over from the three day Holiday market I just sold at 9 hours each day! Sales were just ok. Meanwhile, back at home, with everyone having fun without me, my etsy shop was churning out sales. I love getting to sell in person, but three full days and I can't work? Hmmmm.... I think I'm better off just giving my love to etsy! I have been too tired to blog about it yet! Orders orders orders and I too hired help. Do it, you'll have such piece of mind! It's all a whirlwind of goodness- just a lot at once! Enough exclaimation marks, I'm off to read your article about shopping scandinavian.....
xoxoxoxox
Aly in Oregon

Apryl said...

sorry the rain sounds awful, and that you ened up with a fever. best wishes for the indoor fair. The stand looked beautiful though.. and your little helper is beautiful.

p.s. er haven't sent your giveaway prize out yet as I haven't had a chance to get to the post office... I will drag myself there in the morning though.. rain.. or snow

Miaou said...

What a shame about the fair! I think that's true the world over - people come for the atmosphere but not to buy. Hope your indoor one goes well!

LPFish said...

I am such a huge fan of yours Syko x i added you to my blog as a link (i was hoping you wouldn't mind?)

Big hugs for you winter flu and keep sewing x

noodle and lou said...

oh no Kajsa! and everything looked so beautiful! Well, I hope you are feeling all better now:) Enjoy your week!! xoxo...jenn

Anne Marie said...

Good luck with the sales in Helsinki. Hope the worst fever is over!:-)

Mrs Moog said...

So sorry to hear your craft fair was rained off. It must have been a very miserable experience :-(

I agree with Cheryl - I would love to visit your craft fairs!!!

xxx

Unknown said...

Boo, it isn't supposed to rain on days there are craft fairs! So sorry about that and you getting sick. Your little one is sweet as can be behind your lovely table!
~Emily

Charlotte said...

oh you poor thing getting ill. we've all had terrible colds since well before christmas now. eergh!!!!! hope the other fair went well and you had a lovely christmas.