23.9.06


Life is a mess

Do you think all other people have nice and clean homes all the time? I do. So I was very happy to read Alex of Moonstiches post about the threadening situation in their house. The bad thing with flickr is that people (me included) only show the beautiful and clean parts of their homes. I will not show you any pictures either, I just want to tell you (and maybe comfort someone) that while I am sewing my kids play with their toys everywhere in the house an leave them there for several days until I feel I've had enough. We often leave our plates on the table after eating because I am too lazy to put them in the dish washer or too eager to run to my sewing machine. We have a messy kitchen and piles of paper and clothes here and there. And we have threads on the floor. The threads are acctually the least probem, they are just proof of someone being creative here. But that kitchen, I would really like it to be nice and clean. But I just have so many better things to do all the time...

Like making bags for my mum's shop (I wonder when it will have a proper name), this is another housebag in progress, I made it a little smaller this time. The door is made form a piece of fabric I recieved in a swap with PatchworkPottery, she also helped me finish my Autumn wallhanging by sending me the beautiful leaf button. Swapping is great!

Talking abot swaps, is there anyone of you Moominfans out there that would care for this thrifted pillow case? I bought a bunch of them beacuse I liked this and this, but I am not too fond of the pastels in this one. Please tell me if you want it and I'll be happy to send it to you! Moomin is (almost) on his way to Portugal and is no longer available!

4 comments:

*Sweet*Caroline* said...

Yes, I have the very same problem - there are ALWAYS so many better things to do than cleaning and tidying up the house....

Sabine

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

you definitely comfort me! cleaning is unfortunately always last around here...
moomin is just adorable. and the housebag -- wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Such a pleasure to know my mess at home is comforting somebody... ;-)
If cleaning up would just be a little bit more fun!!!
You're being so creative these days, no wonder you've got better to do than collecting threads.

hannah said...

who needs a tidy house anyway???? love love love your blog and all the things you have been making, found you through flickr, you are very clever and I will be popping by again!