13.2.07

Tea for ten

Today Little E is 16 months. He loves to read and happily we have the same taste. The alltime favourite illustrator and writer of children's books in our family is Swedish Lena Anderson. You might know the books about Linnea in Monet's garden that she wrote already in the 1970's (and got famous for). We love her newer books. Personally I would love to move in to the little hedgehog Kotten and her baby and have tea from one of her odd teacups (my daughter and I are argueing about who likes the polkadot one most...). And the kids love the rhymes! The one you see on the picture is available in English, Tea for Ten! Hedgehog's secret is even better!



I am still looking for a dotty mug so I'm having my cup of the day (acctually it's coffee) from this mug with the Moomin family on that my dauhter gave me for my birthday.
I made a little quilt with a tea cup too, it is so fun to make these small art quilts! I have a few more coming.

And good luck with the ugly fabric project! (p.s. I know my water lily fabric wasn't that bad, maybe I should try a little harder...)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cup, and the children's books look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

show us more of the art quilts...!!! I love them

Julia said...

I love these mini quilts you're doing...especially 'free as a bird'.

I'm taking up your challenge...off to look for my ugliest fabric now.

Anonymous said...

it's nice to find more good children's books - thanks for the suggestions!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've "known" you on Flickr for a while but for some not very good reason this is the first time I have come for a visit to your blog. I just love that teacup mini quilt, it's gorgeous.

steffi said...

A dotty mug... let's see.
How about this one:
http://kleinehelden.blogspot.com/2006/05/ende-gut-alles-gut.html
It's from oilily and not even too expensive...
Your Moomin-mug is also very cute, I love the Moomins! We have two of those mugs (mostly yellow and mostly blue) and some years ago I even managed to learn those two caracters' original names by heart! But I the meantime I forgot them... finnish is just too hard ;-)

hannah said...

your little quilt looks wonderful!!

Amanda Jean said...

love your little art quilt...it is fantastic!

Sidsel_._ said...

Glad to have found you via Handmaids colour week - 10 for tee is of me and my daughters favorite books as well :)