28.9.08

Crows, roads and leaves


My mum, Agneta Wikman, has opened up her own etsy shop! I have tried to persuade her to do it for a long time, and yesterday was the day! It's all about this crow with a lot of personality. The crow experiences things that are very typical for people in my family, but they have proved to be very universal :) This is my sister, my dad, me... I'm sure you will find one that reminds you of someone, or reminds you of you. You can buy the crows as postcards or art prints and you should be able to pick as many cards as you like to the same postage cost. There is 19 different motives. The crow above arrived together with a great (x2) cap for my birthday last year. Please take a look at mamma's shop and welcome her by giving her an etsy heart!

I've been working on a theme that has been dear to me since I was about five, I think (I admit having a 20 years break in between). I loved drawing cities with roads and houses and trees and when I do it today I feel I can still somehow connect with the thoughts that little girl had when she was imagining her city. This is the first road cushion I've finished, I have two more on the go. It is in the shop and sold with an insert this time. I am working on some more cushions with a rectangular shape and more "grown-up" themes. Even if I think this linen cushion would look as great on the living room sofa as in the kid's corners.

We've had some really nice sunny, but crisp Autumn days the last two weeks. We went for a walk yesterday and I had to run back home to fetch my camera, the colours were too gorgeous not to document! I hope the sun shines where you are!

17 comments:

jacquie said...

congrats to your mom. i see talent runs in the family. this is such a cute cushion! i'll definitely check out her shop!!

Locket Pocket said...

Good luck to your mum! Love your road cushion. Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful autumn colors, this is a wonderful photo!
And I really like your road cushion - just like the bag you made a while ago on the same theme.

I will go and take a look at your mom's shop, too (now that I've become an "etsy-addict", thanks to you)!!

Ayala Levinger said...

Good luck to your mother. The cards are beautiful and so funny!!

Lisa said...

Your mom's art work is so cute! those creative genes sure run in the family! We are experiencing those same beautiful colors of autumn!

Unknown said...

I love that cushion so much!
I'm off to go and check out your mum's shop....

Apryl said...

congradulations to your mum for opening her own etsy shop. the cushion looks brilliant, my son would love it. But how fantastic do those trees look in the picture? I love the rickety bit of gate too! There are only a few trees that have changed here but we picked blackberries a few days ago ( i made muffins yesterday blogged them this morning) , and have been admiring the acorns on the oak trees.

med nål och tråd said...

I bought some of your moms cards straight away. Love them!

em's scrapbag said...

That's awesome for your mom. You guys do beautiful work. I love the whimsy of it.

erin, maker of chimes said...

I wish your mom the best of luck.

Your pillow is amazing, I want several for myself! The autumn colors are beautiful, I'm even more excited for autumn to come here.

Mrs Moog said...

I hope your Mum's shop is a great success - I love her crows!!

That cushion is gorgeous Kajsa - very cute little town :)

xxx

HemmaFABRIKEN said...

So fancy pillow. I love it!!! I think my 4 year old son also will love it. He loves cars and that sorts of stuff. Good luck to your mum!

Lucie said...

All the best of luck to your Mother. Talent runs in your family. I have been enjoying your blog for a while, and added a link on my blog. Do drop in for a visit.

Lucette

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Just letting you know how much I adore your blog and your work!

Anina said...

Your mom is very talented.
I LOVE the road pillow. So cute!

Micha said...

I love Love LOVE the pillow. So darling.

panyizsuzsi said...

I love this pillow!