17.7.08

New shop

While rearranging I once again realised what an awful lot of fabrics I own. And what a small part of them I actually use. I have a great supplier of English quality cotton fabrics (Liberty, Designer's guild, William Morris, Laura Ashely...) here in town so I keep buying fabrics. Some of them are seconds, many just sample pieces to bargain prices. Sometimes I just cannot leave them behind, I know you fabric addicts know what I mean! So I decided to open up the SykoFabScrap shop, an idea I've been pondering for a long time, to ease the burden on my shelves and maybe get room for those new fabrics I need to buy.... And share the joy of course, the main purpose of my business! I will be adding new stuff regularly during the following weeks.

Thank you all for the input on the pattern question, I might end up making a Christmas pattern booklet with several designs in the end.

*edit* I forgot to add the breaking news that the first two poppies on our patio showed their pretty faces this morning, how we have been waiting! I am about as crazy about flowers that I am about fabrics, but there is more magic into poppies. Isn't it amazing how a tiny poppy seed can grow up to something like this?

16 comments:

Julia said...

Good luck with your new shop! I understand how it feels to have shelves overflowing with fabrics...they are so irresistible!

Unknown said...

And look, you already sold 2 things on your first day! Good thinking on opening the fabric shop!

Karen said...

good luck with the new venture!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations on the poppies. They sure are lovely. I like the word poppy, too. It's fun to say. Good luck on the Christmas booklet. That sounds like a wonderful project. I'm sure it's going to be fun to make! Take care & I think you're a savvy and creative business woman.
xox,
Linnea

KR said...

Good luck with the shop!! :) I love the fabrics, also :) The poppies though - WOW. So pretty!!

Kristin
Reclaiming The Home

Apryl said...

good luck witht he new fabric scrap shop! and good luck writing your christmas crafts booklet!

the poppies are lovely, when we are in California a few months back I made my husband (a professional Photographer) run around taking pictures of california poppies for me... when we move he is going to print one and frame it for me..

periwinkle said...

good luck with the new shop- i like poppies too
lisa x

Ruth's Place said...

The poppies are beautiful!! Good luck with the new shop, it's a great idea.

Mrs Moog said...

Good luck with the new shop!!

I love your poppies :)

xxx

painted fish studio said...

the fabric shop is a great idea! i have a massive amount of paper and should really unload, but just can't bear to part with it quite yet...

your poppies (i almost wrote poopies) are gorgeous. i keep forgetting to plant them!

LizzieJane said...

What fun, a new little fabric shop, I wish you the best of luck.

Greet said...

Great idea, that fabric shop, I see you're almost sold out!!!
congrats!

Unknown said...

good luck with the new shop...I'm off for a nose about now!!!!
I love Poppies, they are so delicate and simple.

Szera said...

Very much like your works! I welcome your visit on my blog. Nagyon tetszenek a munkáid! Szivesen látlak a blogomon.

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

Hey there,

I saw you on the front page and in the Etsy gift guides today! I smiled from ear to ear. Keep up the amazing work, gal!

Wishing ya the very best:)
Rikkianne

Aly- Bliss Monkey Studio said...

I love poppies too! One showed up over our pet rat's grave in the back yard. And one summer, a mystery poppy grew in the garden! It was as tall as me with HUGE buds... we couldn't wait till it opened... finally a massive poppy in lavendar bloomed and it was the real opium poppy! I looked it up on the internet. It was so beautiful too. I saved seeds and keep growing them because they are wonderful looking! Surprise