25.8.07

I love sewing! And tea too

I'm doing what I should. I'm sewing, sewing and sewing. Except today is Saturday so I will have to entertain my family a bit. I have been working a lot in linen again and it feels very much like me so I will probably continue this way. I got a wholesale order for cushion covers so I decided to reuse my animal designs. I placed them on a line of patches that matches the fabric in the back. The back is made from floral cotton to brighten it all up. More pics in my flickr.

I also made the first of a set of alphabet quilts I have planned. Thought they would be nice to decorate the kidsroom with, or why not a work space for a grown-up with a sense of humour and a love for the cute. In other words some happy and naive individual like myself :) The next letter might be an H, thinking hippo, hat, house, hedgehog, horse...

I also did a little teacup quilt inspired by a piece of old
lace I found in an old sewing table from the 1950's that I got recently (need to take a pic and tell you the whole story soon)! My friend Laurraine is the master of quilted teacups, go see her shop! She also has a flickr and is the founder of a flickr group for tea related craft stuff. Go there and get inspired!

Thank you everyone for your nice comments on my last post! Your support means a lot to me. And I promise that my next post will be on the interactive project!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

kajsa, these are just adorable. love the idea of alphabet quilts. and the teacups are way cute.

i can't decide whether hedgehogs or hippos are cuter - can't wait to see what you choose!

ruby-crowned kinglette said...

your alphabet quilts are going to be so wonderful! already it is.... your work is always so fun to see and inspiring too.

Anina said...

Everything is so cute! The alphabet quilt is a wonderful idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

dutchcomfort said...

It’s good to see you continue to make the most wonderful things! What a great idea to make an alphabet quilt!

Anonymous said...

Kajsa,

I am so thrilled that you have more time for sewing! I love everything you are making ESPECIALLY THE TEACUP QUILTS!!!
Thank you so much for posting links to my work and our teacup group! You are awesome! Oh, and YAY for the wholesale pillow cover order!

Berber said...

That alphabet quilt is lovely!!
It's good to hear that you're enjoying sewing so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh enjoy this time of freedom and creativity!! Your work is wonderful and fun and beautifully made!!

kristin said...

what is it about linen? i just love it too. these are such lovely pieces. keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I love you illustrative stitching!
Very beautiful.