18.9.06



Great news!

I got wonderful news a few days ago! My mum (who is the one who thaught me to feel passionate about fabrics and such) and her friend got a studio with a window at the busiest street in the town (Vasa/Vaasa ) where she lives. They are hopefully going to turn it into a shop/café in the future. AND I have a place to show and sell my stuff, hurray! The theme for the first shop window will be Autumn so I made this wallhanging for it. I loved Charlie Pop's mushrooms and had to try to sew some. I'm going to make more, I just need to get some brown fabric for the background. I have sent and recieved three swaps during the last weeks, the leaf button on the wallhanging came all the way from Canada, take a look at all the goodies I got from PatchworkPottery! Will show you more soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so exciting! how nice to have a place to sell the things you make! the wall-hanging is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ojsan, vilka härliga nyheter! Lycka till! *återgår med en suck till sitt trista avhandlingsskrivande*

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

congratulations to your mum...and to you!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work- and lovely news! I'm so happy that you will have a place to sell your beautiful things.

Stephanie said...

I gosh! Your work is SO wonderful! I love you blog and will be back for sure!

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely wallhanging!
I like the way the mushrooms are contrasting to the background, and of course the shape of the background - so charming!

pixiegenne said...

adorable! and congratulations on the new space for your stuff. so great!